E-Discovery requests are no joke. You have to ensure you have exactly the right information at exactly the right time—or pay the fines. If you’ve never faced one of these requests before, you may be under the impression that you never will. These recent stats on the subject suggest otherwise:
- 25% of respondents anticipate litigation against their companies increasing in the next 12 months. Source: Norton Rose Fulbright LLP 2015 Litigation Trends Annual Survey
- 11% of 242 compliance officers and GCs surveyed last year said bet the company litigation inched up from 8% the previous year. In addition, 22% said their companies’ litigations involved regulatory matters, compared with 6% in 2014. Source: Bloomberg
And, if that’s not enough, there’s the growing volume of data your company holds. According to Forbes, business emails look set to grow an average of 13% to reach over 143 billion by the end of 2016. That’s a lot of data to have your IT professionals look through—especially if they’re not sure where all of that data sits in the catalog.
You need a Restoration Assurance Program solution that addresses your needs as litigation requests and data restore requests continue to grow. This program allows your IT team to:
- know what’s on your tapes so you can deliver data when it’s requested
- reduce the cost of licenses and maintenance and reclaim data center space by decommissioning legacy tape backup systems
- focus on daily tasks and spending less time managing information on backup tapes
- protect and preserve your information for the long-term in a secure, environmentally controlled facility
- consolidate silos of tape catalog data to answer eDiscovery requests faster
- recover information from backup tapes to meet internal or external requirements.
A Note on Finances
You may be worried that investing in a managed restoration program will cost a lot of money. Here are some points to consider:
- An affordable monthly retainer will keep you enrolled in the program.
- When an eDiscovery request does occur, you will receive a discounted rate for data retrieval.
- You won’t be taking away time from your IT department; they can focus on their day jobs. And you won’t have to pay them overtime.
- Depending on your company size, your monthly retainer may be less than what it typically costs to power your data center (which you’ll no longer need to do).
Watch this video to learn more about Restoration Assurance Program solutions.